Being ethical and making money from your fashion blog don’t have to be mutally exclusive. You just need to stay true to your values and not get tempted by offers that don’t fit. Here are just a few ideas of ways that you can make money without compromise:
- Advertising – Set yourself an advertising policy on what type of advertising you will and won’t accept. Why not try making a list of companies that you would llike to work with and try and approach them direct. Networks will usually also allow you to accept or reject ads as you like.
- Affiliate marketing – there are a number of ethical companies with affiliate marketing programmes. Try People Tree, Fashion Conscience and Natural Collection. Once our community becomes a little more established, I hope to contact some of the affiliate networks to see if they can get more ethical brands and retailers in board for our members to promote.
- Selling second hand or vintage clothing – you can set up a shop through ebay and use your blog to promote it.
- Sellling upcycled fashion or accessories – again you can use your blog to promote a shop or store on a marketplace like Etsy or Folksy.
- Promote your services – are you a writer, photographer, model or designer. Your blog is a great way of promoting your service and getting more work.
If you have any other ideas for ethical ways to monetise your blog, please add them to the comments!