Ethical Fashion Bloggers is a place for fashion bloggers to meet, interact, share, inspire and be inspired by a community who love clothes and care about the impact of their style. It is a place to find out more about the ethical and sustainable aspects of fashion and style and a resource for promoting and growing your blog.
We want to support fashion bloggers to spread the word about ethical fashion and sustainable style. When we combine our voices for change in the fashion industry, we can make a difference!
We hope that Ethical Fashion Bloggers will become a useful resource for bloggers and a voice for change in the fashion industry. We are always open to suggestions and ideas that will be useful to the community.
We will provide the following for our members:
- Blogging – promote your blog or share something interesting about ethical fashion by guest posting for our blog. Send us details of any ethical fashion related competitions, giveaways or events that you are running and we will happily promote them for you. We also hope to provide useful and informative posts that will help you grow and promote your blog in an ethical way.
- Networking – eventually, we hope to have a forum so that you can share ideas and discuss ethical fashion and blogging. For the moment though, we will add all members to our Google group where you can network with other like minded bloggers.
- Newsletter – we will send out a newsletter each month to keep you informed of everything that is going on at ethical fashion bloggers.
- Post Sharing – we will hold a monthly post share, where members can share their favourite ethical fashion post of the month. Details and dates will be included in the newsletter.
- DIY and outfit Inspiration - we will also host a monthly DIY and themed outfit round up, where members can share links to outfits and DIY posts. Details and dates will be included in the newsletter.
- Working with brands – we hope to help you work with ethical fashion brands by providing a media alerts service just for ethical fashion bloggers. We will share with you information and press releases from ethical fashion brands. If you are looking for something specific, we can also send out an alert to all of the brands on our database.
- Clothes Swapping – we will hold an bloggers online clothes swap each quarter so that you can refresh your wardrobe for the season ahead and recycle anything that you no longer wear. Full details will be communicated in the newsletter and on the blog.
- Meet ups and events – we will organise meetups and events for members of the community. To begin with these will only be in the UK but in the future will hopefully include other parts of the world.
So what is an ethical fashion blogger?
Ethical fashion is a difficult term to define but generally it describes design, sourcing and manufacture of clothing which maximises benefits to people and communities while minimising impact on the environment.
As fashion bloggers we would like to extend this to include anything that we do, which minimises the impact of our style. This could include buying clothes which last, developing our own style instead of following fashion, buying vintage and second hand and upcycling DIY projects. It can also include supporting ethical fashion brands, retailers or initiatives.
To become part of Ethical Fashion Bloggers, you don’t need to be a hemp wearing hippy, you just need to care about the impact of your style and try to minimise it in some way no matter how small.